Series 5820 • Standard Pipe Chamfer • Standard Projection
NPT/ANPT and NPTF High-Hook Production Taper Pipe Taps
|SAP Material Number||2748187|
|ISO Catalog Number||16218|
|ANSI Catalog Number||16218|
|[D1-TDZ] Thread Diameter Size||3/8 - 18|
|[L] Overall Length||65.0240|
|[L] Overall Length||2.560|
|[L3] Thread Length||27.0000|
|[L3] Thread Length||1.063|
|[D] Adapter / Shank / Bore Diameter||17.78|
|[D] Adapter / Shank / Bore Diameter||.7|
|[Z] Number of Flutes||4|
|Type of Thread||NPT/ANPT|
Features and benefits
Features and Benefits:
- Manufactured from select high-speed steel.
- Ground thread pipe taps are standard in American Standard Pipe Form (NPT) and American Standard Dryseal Pipe Thread Form (NPTF).
- NPT threads require the use of a sealer, such as Teflon® tape or pipe compound.
- NPTF dryseal threads give a pressure-tight joint without the use of a sealer.
- Uncoated taps standard; coatings available as specials.
- Hook designed for use in ductile materials that produce long, continuous chips.