Series 5323 • Modified Bottoming Chamfer
NPS and NPSF Straight-Pipe Taps
|SAP Material Number||2748084|
|ISO Catalog Number||16354|
|ANSI Catalog Number||16354|
|[D1-TDZ] Thread Diameter Size||1/8 - 27|
|[L] Overall Length||53.9750|
|[L] Overall Length||2.125|
|[L3] Thread Length||19.0500|
|[L3] Thread Length||.7500|
|[D] Adapter / Shank / Bore Diameter||11.113|
|[D] Adapter / Shank / Bore Diameter||.4375|
|[Z] Number of Flutes||4|
|Type of Thread||NPSF|
Features and benefits
Features and Benefits:
- Manufactured from select tap high-speed steel.
- Ground thread pipe taps are standard in American National Standard Straight Pipe (NPS) thread form and American National Standard Dryseal Straight Pipe (NPSF) thread form.
- NPS threads are suitable for tapping holes or couplings for low pressure work when used with a sealer; also suitable for NPSC and NPSM work.
- NPSF dryseal taps are intended for low pressure work, such as fuel and oil lines where a sealer is not used.
- Dryseal threads give a low-pressure, pressure-tight joint without the use of a sealer.