Series 5319 • Standard Pipe Chamfer • Standard Projection
NPT/ANPT and NPTF Production Taper Pipe Taps with Interrupted Threads
|SAP Material Number||2748257|
|ISO Catalog Number||16106|
|ANSI Catalog Number||16106|
|[D1-TDZ] Thread Diameter Size||1/4 - 18|
|[L] Overall Length||61.9130|
|[L] Overall Length||2.437|
|[L3] Thread Length||26.9880|
|[L3] Thread Length||1.062|
|[D] Adapter / Shank / Bore Diameter||14.288|
|[D] Adapter / Shank / Bore Diameter||.5625|
|[Z] Number of Flutes||5|
|Type of Thread||NPTF|
Features and benefits
Features and Benefits:
- Manufactured from select high-speed steel.
- Interrupted threads to reduce drag while taper pipe threading.
- Use where chip disposal is a concern.
- Odd number of flutes standard.
- NPT threads require the use of a sealer, such as Teflon® tape or pipe compound.
- NPTF dryseal threads give a pressure-tight joint without the use of a sealer.